Who am I?
Things you didn’t know about me (or maybe you did)
- I am a trained teacher and a trained teacher/ librarian.
- I am also a trained early childhood educator.
- I work at 2 Catholic schools in the south-eastern suburbs of Sydney, NSW, Australia.
- I have been teaching for over 30 years.
- I teach all primary classes each week.
- I live at home with my husband and cat.
- I have 2 step daughters and 5 step grandchildren.
- The step grandchildren range in age from 19 to 12.
- Growing up we had many pets – mainly dogs. Our last dog, Clancy died a few years ago. He was 18 years old. We currently have a cat named Streak. She is almost 3 years old.
- I enjoy many hobbies, such as, reading, knitting, card making, doing jigsaw puzzles and scrap booking.
- In my spare time I teach swimming and am involved with a coaching college (school subjects).
- I love technology both personally and for use in education.
- I am a member of Toastmasters International (a public speaking organisation)
- I have been a member of Toastmasters for just under 30 years.
- I belong to 3 Toastmasters Clubs.
- In 2005-2006 I held the position of District Governor (top position in NSW and ACT).
- Since 2006 I have compiled the Toastmasters’ District Directory (a book listing all the clubs in our District).
- I have travelled to many places – USA, Vietnam, India (on a study tour), UK and New Zealand. I would love to go away again in the near future.
The aim of the blog
The aim of this blog is to share interesting facts and opinions on books as well as to publish work by students.
2 of the pages – one for each school – are places where children’s work can be found and referenced.